Sunday, September 26, 2010

Save More on Your Money Auto Insurance in 2010

The first step is to evaluate what exactly you need. If you have many assets you're going to want higher limits of coverage. Getting cheap car insurance isn't all about getting less coverage. There are several ways to lower your insurance premiums without taking lower limits of coverage. I personally decided to move my insurance with another company offering auto and home package discounts. I was paying about $650 every six months for decent coverage on a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I decided to re-shop my insurance about a month ago, which I do about once a year, and found an 'A' rated company who covered me with twice the liability as well as my home for about the same price. I saved $200 on my homeowner's coverage.

How about traffic tickets?

Getting a traffic ticket or a claim against your insurance company can really have an impact on your auto insurance rates. In most cases if you get a ticket or accident your rates will see a dramatic increase unless you have accident forgiveness which a few companies are now implementing. Every time you get in your car understand the risk ahead of you. There are some crazies on the roads these days and you need to be ready for them.

Purchase you policy ahead of time:

Many companies will reduce your rate if you pay for your insurance a week or more before the policy becomes effective. This is called the future effective discount. Handling your auto insurance prior to your current policy's expiration date shows responsibility. If you're paying for your policy in advance, not only does it show you're a responsible person and maybe a responsible driver, you'll more than likely be on time with any future payments you may have. You'll also find if you pay for your 6 month or annual policy in full, you'll earn another paid in full discount.

2 comments:

  1. US Bank Internet Banking
    Nice post but many companies will reduce your rate if you pay for your insurance a week or more before the policy becomes effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree more to you. Purchasing Austin auto insurance ahead of time will safe you from any hassle when the day of calamity and problems occur. Better early than sorry... and it's much cheaper too.

    ReplyDelete